Saturday, July 18, 2009

T-minus 90 days







I started this blog to document my progress and training for 90 days before the MUD RUN on Camp Pendleton, just north of Oceanside, CA.

The MUD RUN is a 10k race through mud pits, up hills, across a river and all sorts of other things I don't even know about. I DO know that it is extreme and intense. This scares me!

I have basically been sedentary for 95% of the year thus far and haven't regularly exercised in several years. So here I am, a total couch potato on my way to participating in the 10k MUD RUN... in 90 days!

I will be posting what I eat and what exercises I do throughout these next 90 days. I didn't come up with the idea for blogging this until AFTER breakfast. Here are the remains of THAT meal:





It was a large Vanilla Iced Coffee and 2 Sausage Breakfast Burritos. I haven't tallied the calories, but I know that the burritos by themselves add up to 600 calories. EEK!

I am recovering from the flu bug that started me being sick last Sunday, July 12th. My exercise will not be vigorous until I am back to being well. Today's plan: go for a walk around the neighborhood this evening, about 1 mile.


No comments:

Post a Comment